Simply follow our guide below; and well have you feeling like a photography pro.
Youll be amazed at the photos you can take at home, or out amongst nature.
We are here to offer guidance and advice every step of the way. Also, if they dont turn out 100% how you hope / how we need them to be; dont worry!
We can edit them up to perfection for a small fee if needed.
shot @ HOME
@ HOME sHOOT GUIDE
This is one of the most important elements of a photo, choose this wisely.
Cluttered backgrounds really distract from the subject; but at the same time a balanced or natural background can often draw the eyes of a casting director to your card over another talent's too.
Its a fine balance, but we can help you if you send us examples of your background options. Also, if you already have the perfect pictures of yourself, but the background is terrible ; don't worry - we can edit that right out for you!
Neutrals are the 'in thing' at the moment, its all about the white, sand, sage, or pale pastel colours on insta. Try to keep within these palettes. Colour block out fits or monochrome also work well. The key is to avoid clashing palettes.
I’m a paragraph. Double click me or click Edit Text, it's easy.
Block patterns or florals on a dress or jumpsuit work well. As long as there are no clashing colours in the accessories or t-shirt beneath.
Patterns or florals on a two piece outfit should only be seen on one item; wither top or bottom.
Perfect if you just cant decide what to wear, or what you have available doesnt fit any of our other criterea.
Nothing works quite as well as a white tshirt and blue denim
The trick is to keep it minimal in terms of writing or logos lUnacceptable items of clothing would include huge branding / logos or inappropriate; adult content, bright and characters.
How to get that
These images show whats called a bokeh effect on the background of the photo; bokeh essentially means 'blurred background'. This used to be an effect reserved for DLSR'S, however its achievable (and compulsory) to use this effect in your portraits for us. Most phones released in the last two years have portrait feature already. The best way to ensure this effect, is by tapping on the centre or the face of your subject.
tIPS AND vetos
1. Absolutely no makeup for children under 16
2. Dont dress children in short skirts or crop tops please, many brands will not even look at a folio with the above.
3. Adults - wear a mix of minimal makeup and lightly glam. Casting directors and scouts, want to see a blank canvas they can work from, but also your potential.
4. If you dont have someone to shoot for you, my best tip is to have the phone BACK camera facing you, propped up straight, on a surface of some kind. Then VIDEO yourself moving around -doing poses, laughing, sad, pensive, side, front , back etc.
Then you will go back and screenshot the best angles and shots for your photos!
5. Hair set as it looks best]by the style which feels makes you feel you look the best.
Confidence shows through in the camera and being uncertain washes that away!
6. The best photos are more often than not; ones in motion, or when the subject isnt looking directly at the camera. One or two face on shots are needed, especially if they show expression, however we need plenty of movement options please! At least 20 shots in total, per person
7. Finally, to upload or send us the photos - you can send us a full folder which has been zipped on your computer or uploaded to Google Drive or Dropbox & Fill out the form below, to let us know the details we need for your profiles.